About the job
The Senior Search Engineer is responsible for developing innovative search solutions, in collaboration with clients and the Tahzoo team. The successful candidate has in-depth knowledge of search solutions, algorithms, and strong communication skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Implementing Search and .NET applications
- Work on Elasticsearch cluster configuration and architecture
- Work on Elasticsearch index configuration/settings/mappings
- Work on writing complex Elasticsearch queries
- Work on admin/production support tasks – check the logs and understand any production support issues like cluster utilization going high, cluster status going red etc. and immediate fixes
- Supporting business development activities, working closely with account management teams to understand client needs, formulate solution strategies, and develop proposals and statements of work, including cost and schedule estimates, and ensuring that work has been properly authorized before effort commences.
- Building strong relationships within and across departments and with partners while promoting a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation.
- Participating in delivery reviews on complex projects and post-project reviews.
- Identifying warning signs of potential project breakdowns and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
- Hands-on developer who has expert knowledge on AWS resources like Lambdas
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing web applications, and a full understanding of website design and development practices of .NET and JAVA
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing and supporting Elasticsearch
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in Agile software development environments with experience in structured program and project management environments
- Experience establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented, cross-functional, and productive teams
- Proven understanding of Object Orientated design
- Proven understanding of Agile methodologies for software development
- Proven understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment techniques
- Experience with .NET C#, Nodejs, Web Forms/MVC, HTML/Jquery, SQL, Web Services
- Worked on AWS Elasticsearch and/or on-prem Elasticsearch
- Worked on configuring AWS Gateway, Lambda, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, EC2 etc.
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business — solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring — transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.