About the job
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Senior Taxonomist with consulting experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced taxonomist looking to consult for high profile clients to help them achieve a unified, hierarchical view of their content data.
As more and more companies look to achieve personalized dynamic content, this role is a great move for anyone looking to work with Fortune 500 clients. So, if you’re a creative, problem-solving kind of person, we should talk.
What You’ll Do
- Work with clients to help them achieve personalization at scale by removing data redundancies and providing them with guidance on how to create a taxonomy
- Mentor junior level taxonomists
- Maintain open communication and effective collaboration with team members and supervisors to enable continuous performance improvement
- Help define information architectures, taxonomies, enterprise search and metadata strategies
- Lead the implementation of major project phases or tasks
- Shape the company’s approach on taxonomy consulting engagements moving forward
Day to Day
- Engage with clients on dynamic and complex problems
- Collaborate with other experts in related fields in order to solve these complex problems for our clients
- Shape clients use of data and content to provide their customers with a personalized experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in disciplines relating to Applied Mathematics, Applied Science or Library Science (or similar)
- 3+ years’ experience in a consultant role or applicable consultant skills
- Experience or working knowledge of taxonomies
- Experience with tagging and classifying digital content and organizational information governance
- Experience with taxonomy management tools
- Experience or working knowledge with semantics
- Ability to blend mathematics and linguistics skills
- Strong ability to learn quickly
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Ability to employ a collaborative, customer service approach and to work effectively with others in diverse and multi-functional roles
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, including executive management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment for the successful achievement of goals
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience and working knowledge around building an ontology
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business — solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring — transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.