About the job
The Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial activities of the organization to maximize the company’s profits and plan for its growth. This role includes analyzing data and advising leadership on ways to use that information to make strategic decisions about the organization’s future. With a hands-on approach to all aspects of an organization’s finances, the Director of Finance must ensure the company is set up for success by providing accurate, timely and thorough financial reports and analysis.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a financial advisor to the CEO and executive team for strategic planning purposes
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation
- Develop appropriate tracking methods for revenue and expenses
- Oversee development and management of the organization’s investment plan
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Gather financial data for analysis and forecasting with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance
- Coordinate the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly reports
- Manage insurance coverage for the organization, including compliance
- Process the financial activities of an organization to maximize a company’s profits and plan for its growth
- Ensure a company complies with tax laws and regulations specific to that industry
What You’ll Be Doing:
Own all aspects of Finance operations, including:
- Regular financial reporting (e.g., preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, and procurement
- Timely and accurately provide reporting of financial information to internal parties, government regulators and outside agencies
- Audit and improve productivity and effectiveness of current cross team processes
- Partner with the CEO to support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Manage and supervise all AR/AP cycles with external partners and customers - including the implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Partner with People Team on Equity administration and planning
- Keep careful tabs on regular transactions, investments and any business deals that affect the bottom line
- Conduct regular audits of expenditures, assets, and liabilities
- Monitor transactions
- Prepare financial reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related field
- Five to ten years of finance experience
- Three to five years in professional services or software business
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Computation skills
- Leadership abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business — solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring — transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.