Senior UX Designer
Washington, DC / Richmond, VA Offices
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business - solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring – transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
About this position:
We seek a UX leader, consultant and evangelist with positive energy to join and lead our UX client engagements and drive the UX process from start to finish. Promoting team collaboration, excellence, and embodying the Tahzoo core values, the UX Director will work with a variety of our clients on planning, designing and delivering User Experience strategies that engage and enrich the customer experience, yielding differentiated and competitive advantages to our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, designing, and managing user experience strategies for a variety of clients and industries.
- Creating UX vision for clients and turning that vision into reality through process and design specifications.
- Participating in proposal development lending UX subject matter expertise growing the UX practice.
- Working hand-in-hand with Strategy, Technology and Project Management teams to ensure client projects are seamlessly carried from concept to fruition.
- Balancing needs, constraints, desires and vision to deliver optimized UX client solutions.
- Leading internal teams through the creative process.
- Developing UX assets as needed per project, including but not limited to wireframes, user interaction designs/annotated visual designs, clickable prototypes and sitemaps.
- Providing user experience, information architecture and content strategy consulting to clients, acting as an expert in these areas for our clients.
- Serving as senior role model within the company and mentor.
- Fluent in UX disciplines: interaction design, information architecture, user research, market validation, user requirement and user persona development, storyboarding, wireframe creation, concept design and prototyping.
- Strong understanding of customer-centric processes that contribute to the creation of cutting edge experiences.
- Expertise managing strategy, stakeholders and execution of complex full lifecycle UX projects.
- Leading and growing UX practice.
- Bachelor's Degree. Master's preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience in planning and developing digital UX (mobile, tablet, web)
- 4+ years in senior / leadership role, managing and growing a team
- 3+ years agency / consulting experience delighting customers
- Stellar portfolio showcasing breadth, depth and variety
- Extreme attention to detail and strong accountability
- Ability to inspire and instill values in others
- Outstanding communications skills
- Ability to interact and quickly build rapport with stakeholders, key decision makers and ideation/delivery teams across enterprises and fortune client organizations
- HTML/CSS/Adobe Creative Cloud/Azure.
- A strong cultural fit to Tahzoo's mission, vision, and values.
What we offer:
- Benefits – Employer provided Healthcare, Dental/Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Generous PTO Package, Flex Spending Account and more.
- Culture – We believe in hiring INTERESTING and PASSIONATE people who are interested in CHANGE.
Does this appeal to your sense of entrepreneurial spirit? Apply now!Careers
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.